Location: Triad Area in NC
This is a growing and profitable diversified Textile company that is innovative and doing well. They are focused on the Industrial Textile market as well as the Automotive Textile market. They offer room for advancement, full benefits and relocation assistance.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
• Applies total Quality Management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation
• Monitors and enforces quality system. Experience with TX-16949/IATF-16949 required
• Gathers data and performs problem solving to control and improve the quality of the production processes
• Develops and maintains control plans, FMEA’s and other relevant documentation
• Participates and documents problem solving activities related to quality issues
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
• Supports program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities
• Supports procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess responsibility. Facilitates countermeasures for discrepant material
• Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability
• Interfaces with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, customer, or vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems
• Provides computerized status report describing progress and concerns related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and/or other items related to the quality of the process, material, or product
• Maintains a working knowledge of the latest standards and new developments in testing and examination methods of processes, materials, and products
• Occasional travel required to customer or supplier locations for quality initiatives, training or issues that arise
• Laboratory supervisory responsibilities on a rotating basis with other Quality Engineers
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) and a minimum of 2 years in automotive industry with TS16949/IATF16949 experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.