Assistant Designer, eCommerce Men’s & Boy’s
Location: New York, NY
This is a very successful Apparel company that works with some of the top retailers and top brands in the country. They can offer private label packages for the retailers and they have licensing agreements with the brands to represent them to retail. They have multiple divisions and offer room for growth. They have over 7000 employees worldwide and have been in business since 1982. They really cater to their employees and try to make it a place you want to come to work.
We are looking for an Assistant Designer, eCommerce Men’s & Boy’s with 2-4 years’ experience to work with our Sales, Production, Sourcing, and Sample Room. Working with eCommerce Product Development team, buyers, and vendors. Must have knowledge of Apparel design and fabrics. Will manage full-line and exclusive eCommerce items for national and private label brands; consult with lead merchandisers. Categories consisting of, but not limited to: Thermals/Baselayer, Activewear, Casualwear, and Sleepwear/Loungewear/Athleisure. Looking for someone with a Bachelor of Arts degree, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Graphic Design.
Specific Job Functions:
• Collaborate with Design team/Merchandising team /eCommerce team
• Research trends, conduct market comparisons and create color palettes by season
• Sketch and cad development exclusive eCommerce items for national and private label brands Creating CADs, tech sheets, color cards, approvals
• Attend meetings with buyers/ fit meetings…
• Develop artwork and techniques for screen prints, embroideries and appliques.
• Maintaining and updating CADs, creating and maintaining technical sheets for each design and associated artwork
• Organize sample summary meeting with El Salvador office; track samples.
• Assist in rich content/ packaging- including photos shoots: styling, models
• Assist Sales for customer basics with ladies and men’s catalogues and board updates for meetings
• Special projects
• Working knowledge of technical design, software in a MAC environment
• Proficient in Macintosh, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft office and Acrobat Pro
• Knowledge of screen printing and techniques a plus as well as designing repeat patterns
• Knowledge of textiles and PDM systems a plus
• Team Player
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Attention to Detail and strong organizational skills
• Customer focus
• Works well under pressure
• Have the ability to learn new programs fast
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to read and comprehend specifications and instructions
• Ability to translate market trends into appropriate designs for specific retail needs
• Artwork creation, graphics and pitching
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.