Senior Research & Development Manager
This is a growing and profitable diversified Textile company that is innovative and doing well. They are focused on the Industrial Textile market as well as the Automotive Textile market. They offer room for advancement, full benefits and relocation assistance.
Provide expertise and manages the Research and Development department to ensure the best capability and flexibility in developing and maintaining new and established products. Supervises and coordinates research and development activities for organizational products, services, or ideologies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
• Supervises R&D team members as they process customer specs, cost inquiries, plant trials, physical testing, customer communication, and technical reports
• Provides hands-on technical leadership to group of Engineers/Scientists and creates environment conducive to innovative ideas and concepts
• Ensure close liaison between customers, plant personnel, and Corporate staff on all products and projects
• Visit customer plants to develop new products and establish good contact relationship
• Conduct all product development work on assigned projects according to the appropriate APQP guidelines
• Assist Production personnel in problem solving areas requiring technical assistance
• Assist in production, quality control & process improvement in defect analysis and corrective action
• Develop new vendors, innovative materials and new processes to grow the business
• Ensure good recordkeeping for proper production scale-up as well as Company intellectual property protection
• Promote safety, housekeeping, and organizational effectiveness in the department
• Yes- R&D Specialists, Chemists, Lab Technicians
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering or science discipline, with an advanced degree highly desired. 10 years of practical experience in a research and development setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to define problems, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.