New Product Engineer, Mechanical & Applications
This 200-year-old successful, growing Textile company has been recognized by outside organizations for not only being an award-winning manufacturer, but being a ‘great place to work” and one of the ‘healthiest company’s’. If you are interested in working for a company that has financial stability, can offer personal and professional growth, and a culture of teamwork, positivity and success, and located in a fantastic location, this is the place!
In this position, you will work collaboratively with the Business Development team and Quality Engineering Execution Team to provide technical support in the development of new products. This entails all phases of product ideation to commercialization.
New Product Development:
• Research new products and equipment
• Generate ideas for designing equipment for new products. Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components
• Generate equipment drawings
• Design equipment floor layout plans
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
• Generate product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; willing to share personal commentary as well. Organizes and maintains all documented results
• Provides engineering information by answering questions to customer and internal requests
• Maintains and extends product and company reputation by complying with various 3rd party regulations
• Maintains internal reference systems in a highly organized manner
• Manages relationships with third party agencies and Testing Labs
Equipment Fabrication & Assembly:
• Assist with machining and assembly of equipment
• Coordinate machining of components with outside vendors
• Keeps development equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services
• Provide engineering support through analysis
• Provide trouble shooting assistance
• Improve current process by introducing new technology
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field required
• Experience in mechanical engineering of 5 years is preferred
• Previous customer-contact experience in an engineering environment is desired
• High energy, organized, patient, diplomatic, and confident demeanor in working with staff and vendors
• Highly motivated individual with strong technical competence who maximizes results and is eager to deliver without unnecessary fanfare or embellishments.
• Strong organizational skills and project management skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
• Advanced attention to detail and accuracy in all work. Committed to exactness and precision in task completion; identifies and works to understand all details that surround the project scope
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Ability to operate in a fast-pace environment as well as meet set deadlines whether compressed or extended
• Ability to multi-task is a must; should be able to re-prioritize activity based on unplanned internal or external shifts in emphasis
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; understands the testing properties
• Comfortable in relating to all levels of management and diversity of personalities, both internally and externally
• Advanced ability to prioritize a wide-ranging, self-directed work load; strong ability to work independently for extended periods
• Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding business and customer projects
• Effective understanding of latest technologies and ability to apply within the functional group
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Proficient knowledge with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, CAD programs, SolidWorks, ProE or other)
• Familiar with typical machine shop equipment (mills, lathes, drill press, etc.).
• Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge
• Exceptional ability to work collaboratively and in a team setting
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.