Location: Charlotte, NC
This is an international world class operation that is diversified and is manufacturing all over the world. They have US operations as well and are growing. They offer H/D/V as well as a 401K plan with a match. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance & best practices are followed.
• Transportation (Bulk, dry and liquid trucks, rail, dry vans market, railroad US, Canada & Mexico) rate negotiation, contracts, refunds, rebates, spot rates
• Ability to index comparisons, use annual network survey comparison and sales rate targets to fully understand cost structure
• Review and insure all agreed upon rates appear accurate with contract terms and conditions
• Continuously identify potential cost reduction opportunities
• Review fuel surcharge programs, railcar lease and fleet management for opportunity for efficiencies, optimization and reduction
• Identify internal controls that achieve control objectives, and evaluate effectiveness of programs and strategies
• Ensure benchmarking of best business and process practices across North American entities
• Responsible for capturing all cost increases and working with the commercial group to ensure these costs are identified, reviewed and consistent with agreements
• Ascertain key contacts within the transportation industry
• Optimization of company leased assets (trucks, railcars)
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Good written and verbal communications
• Self-driven and ability to deliver results with limited supervision
• Bachelor Degree or higher in Logistics, Business Management or related field
Minimum Work Experience and Skills Required:
• Familiarity and experience with the railroads in the US, Canada, and Mexico and hand on experience with rail rate negotiations
• Familiarity and experience with the Bulk, dry and liquid, trucks market, its players and rate negotiations
• Familiarity and experience with Liquid Barge market, its players and rate negotiations
• Familiarity and experience with ocean liquid vessel market, its players and rate negotiations
• Familiarity and experience with dry vans market, its players and rate negotiations
• 7+ years of experience in similar role
• Experience with risk-based internal audits
• Ability to identify key business risks
• Knowledge of internal audit developments and corporate governance
• Proficiency in financial statements and commercial analysis
• Knowledge of commercial contracts/transactions
• Proficiency in computer applications and hands-on experience with SAP
• Estimated 25% travel
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.