Procurement Manager, Raw Materials Supply
Location: Charlotte, NC
This is an international world class operation that is diversified and is manufacturing all over the world. They have US operations as well and are growing. They offer H/D/V as well as a 401K plan with a match. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Procurement Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the buying of certain Raw Materials, Indirect Materials, Supplies or Services.
• Develops opportunities for cost reduction in commodity groups, standardization, contract management and supplier consolidation to ensure optimum quality and total ownership cost
• Develops point-of-view of world and regional market conditions in categories of interest; takes appropriate purchasing action to negotiate contracts or orders based on knowledge of market and expected future trends
• Monitors markets to stay abreast of prices and availability; studies and evaluates vendors to insure their ability to supply
• Evaluates existing and potential suppliers in area of responsibility according to rules and regulations
• Analyzes and evaluates materials or supplies to be purchased, considering delivery, quantity and quality
• Negotiates with vendors as necessary before agreeing to a contract or purchase order
• Negotiates complex contracts and consider price, quality, availability, reliability, technical support and past performance when identifying and choosing suppliers and materials
• Prepares preliminary bid evaluations and determines if bidders have met requirements of specifications
• Identifies and maintains alternate supply sources or mitigation plans for single-sourced items
• Interviews vendors and visits suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
• Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
• Manages agreements with suppliers
• Collaborates with Regional purchasing and site personnel
• Studies purchasing trends and inventory levels of current stock
• Identifies foreign and domestic suppliers, and keep up to date with changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, products and materials
• Monitors the terms of the contracts in order to ensure that the supplier is complying with its terms and conditions and resolve any supplier-related issues that arise
• Evaluates and implements Procurement Improvement Projects and Best Practices
• Knowledge of aromatics and olefins markets preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.