Location: Cartersville, GA
This US company is part of an international company with headquarters in Belgium. They recently built a state-of-the-art Sheet Vinyl manufacturing facility in Cartersville, GA. They started production in April 2016 and need more people to join our team! They are currently looking to hire a Product Designer.
The Product Designer is responsible for the development of new designs, colors, etc., the organization of the creation lab and the approval of final colors/designs in the lab. He/she will frequently work with the AVA software and the Roland printer.
• Position Reports To: Chief Designer in Europe and VP Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Design
• Functional Working Relationships: Sales & Marketing Team, Production, Quality
• External Relationships: Customers, suppliers
• No Direct Reports
• Responsible for the development of new designs, new colors, new products, new images
• Responsible for the Creation Lab: organization, color adjustments (transfer from Roland printer to lab sample), and archive in lab (ensure to keep standards, color patches)
• Develop work flows and processes, in consultation with the Chief Designer in Europe
• Working on AVA software and printing on Roland printer color pallets
• Responsible for approving the final color/design in lab and first time in production (start-up)
• Establish and maintain relationships with sales and clients, including follow-up communication, respecting delivery terms
• Accountable for reporting of meetings
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and stay up to date about trends and ideas in the consumer market (colors, internet, seminars, fairs, magazines). Learn about new products, quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in design, fashion or closely related field
• Thorough knowledge of AVA software and working with Roland printer is preferred
• Eye for design and color, very creative
• Self-motivated, independent and strong communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to travel as needed (trade shows, fairs), mostly US but also intercontinental possible
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.